Waking from your bed and feeling pain is never a good thing. It makes you roll back into bed and pretend that it isn’t morning yet. Unfortunately, this is a common occurrence for patients suffering from joint pain. No one is safe from joint pain. At some point, everyone is likely to suffer from joint pain. However, it’s not something you have to live with forever.
At Crimson Chiropractic Center, serving Tuscaloosa AL, Northport, AL, and the surrounding regions, we offer chiropractic care to ensure that your joint pain is a thing of the past. Want to learn more about chiropractic care and joint pain treatment? Keep reading.
Causes of Joint Pain
Are you having trouble moving your wrist? Or perhaps you can’t hop or jump because of your knee pain? Here are the common causes of joint pain:
Arthritis is the common cause of joint pain. Osteoarthritis (OA), one of the common types of arthritis, causes a breakdown of the cartilage that cushions bones, leading to joint stiffness and pain.
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA), affecting about 1.5 million Americans, causes deformity in joints over time. This condition causes inflammation, and fluid buildup in the joints as your immunity system attacks the membrane bordering your joints.
Injury from sports activities, auto accidents, falls, and slips can cause damage to the joints, leading to pain and inflammation.
Other common causes of joint pain include:
- An infection
- Bone cancer
While joint pain can affect most joints in the body, the main culprits are wrists, knees, back, neck, elbows, and shoulders.
Symptoms of Joint Injuries
If a joint injury is wreaking havoc on your health, you are likely to experience the below symptoms:
- Joint pain, stiffness, redness, weakness, and swelling
- Joint warmth and tenderness
- Locking joints
- Difficulty lifting light objects
- Loss of range of motion in the joints
If you experience one or a combination of the above symptoms, you don’t have to learn to live with the pain. Instead, seek chiropractic services for relief.
How Chiropractors Help with Joint Pain
Has joint pain turned its ugly head on you? Our chiropractor can help using the below natural treatments:
- Chiropractic adjustments: This treatment boosts the functionality of your nervous system, helping the body fight off pain and inflammation. Chiropractic adjustments also align the body.
- Massage therapy: You might assume that a massage is a luxury, but massage therapy has numerous health benefits. Massage therapy alleviates pain and inflammation. It also strengthens muscles, increases joint mobility, and hastens recovery.
- Stretches and exercises: Joint exercises help alleviate stiffness by taking pressure off the joints.
Is Joint Pain Sucking the Life Out of You?
You don’t have to live in pain. Chiropractic care offered by Crimson Chiropractic Center of Tuscaloosa and Northport, AL, will bring much-needed relief. Call Crimson Chiropractic in Tuscaloosa Today at (205) 345-2009 to schedule an appointment.
Proudly Serving Tuscaloosa and Northport